Member's Events Listing
Trauma Sensitive Yoga for Yoga Teachers - One Day Workshops
When: Sunday, 24 Feb 2019 - Sunday, 27 Oct 2019
CPD Points: 7
Where: Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane
A one day workshop for yoga teachers who wish to:
- be part of a trauma sensitive yoga class
- understand how yoga impacts the neurobiology and physiology of trauma
- learn about the Zone of Tolerance and the nervous system in working with people in trauma recovery
- recognise and manage dysregulation in self and others using breath and physical practice
- identify yoga practices that are soothing and those that may trigger reactions in a trauma sensitive class
- explore how language, teaching environment and the teacher influence a safe teaching environment
- discover how to start and establish a trauma sensitive class
- a Certificate of Attendance
Dates and locations in 2019:
Sydney: 24th February, 1st September
Melbourne: 26th May, 27th October
Brisbane: 21st July
Cost:$195, Early Bird $165
Contact Annabel McLisky: email@example.com, or 0403 135 390
Yoga Retreat - Arise and Come Into Being
When: Friday, 22 Mar 2019 - Monday, 25 Mar 2019
CPD Points: 12
Where: Gymea Retreat, Uki
Pricing: Twin shared room $1097 per person, King single room $1247
Would it appeal to you to come and relax, restore and come into your Being?
- Enjoy fresh organic food, the menu is vegan delicious and healthy, we’ll make sure your
requirements are taken care of. Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner Sat/Sun, Dinner
Fri and Breakfast Mon.
- Enjoy the magnesium outdoor swimming pool
- Beautifully appointed yoga space where we’ll practice yoga twice daily to strengthen,
create fluidity, to calm - such as restorative and yin yoga, fascia release, meditation,
yoga nidra, pranayama. (All levels welcome )
- Time to map your aspirations
- Rainforest walks.
- Walking Meditation in Silence
- Space to do your own thing enjoying the grounds of Gymea or retire to your own room.
- Optional spa time – massage, facial, sauna (I’ll be in touch closer to the retreat to see if
you would like to book and pay for a spa session)
The retreat will be a small group with a maximum of 20, as I’d love to spend time with you and
connect in this beautiful habitat away from the hustle of city life.
If this sounds like you, don’t wait, you deserve some time out and the joy of living deeply,
giving to you, your worth it. There will also be some lovely surprises over the 3 days come
and find out more!
Located in the lovely Gymea Retreat, 45 mins drive from Gold Coast Airport or Byron Bay inland over looking Mt. Warning.
Please call Terri on: 0423 138 738, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga & Surf Retreat Package – West Coast Bali, Indonesia
When: Monday, 15 Jul 2019 - Friday, 19 Jul 2019
Where: Bali, Indonesia
We have discovered yet another magical retreat venue for our Swahini Sistas.
This hidden treasure is secluded, peaceful, has a fabulous yoga shala, in-house restaurant, boasts absolute beachfront with surf breaks nearby, comfortable & spacious air-conditioned villas within safe and lush grounds.
This custom designed 4 day/4 night package includes:
- Accommodation – (twin share villa with air cond, and private verandah)
- Airport transfers (allow 1 – 2 hours for travel)
- 2 x daily yoga practice
- Daily surf coaching & equipment
- Meals & drinks (fresh juices & unlimited drinking water)
- Luxurious swimming pool
- Beachfront location
- Small group of ladies – up to 10 people
- Gift bag
Helen Leeder-Carlson and Narelle Wakefeild will be facilitating the retreat, please follow this link through for more information and your booking form.
New Zealand - Yoga Aotearoa - International Yoga Teachers Association Yoga Convention
When: Thursday, 17 Jan 2019 - Sunday, 20 Jan 2019
Where: Burns Lodge, Mosgiel, Dunedin
The Otago/Southland Branch of IYTA is thrilled to be hosting the next convention in the mainland of Aotearoa. The Convention will be held at Burns Lodge, Mosgiel, which is close to Dunedin Airport.
Journey into Sahaja - oneness and unity through Yoga. Four days of nourishment and inspiration for the mind, body and soul. Featuring keynote presenter Neal Ghoshal (www.sacredmoves.com), IYTA Teachers and Graduates as well as local artists.
For full details and to register click on button below
Note early bird registration closes 1 October 2018