How to practice self-reflection safely - counselling for grief
Posted by IYTA, 19-Nov-2016
Counselling for grief - how to practice self-reflection safely
- Safety requires that you must be present within yourself and your physical environment
- Turn off your phone
- Have silence
- As a practice invite in a loving guiding energy
- Drink water and stay hydrated
- Develop an attentive methodical approach and just be
- Sit back in your chair, and ground through your feet and sit bones
- Let your spine lengthen
- Take a swallow, lick your lips and rest your tongue on the floor of your mouth, creating a conscious small space between the teeth of the upper and lower jaw
- Invite yourself to relax
- Follow your breath
- Breathe in and out and soften your diaphragm
- Be aware. Be present. Be grounded.
- Simply allow your emotions to play themselves out for you, projected onto your internal space like a movie on a screen.
- Watch. Witness. Evaluate anew.
- Plan, create strategy, let go.