Foundation Yoga Studies (70hrs)
Total Hours: 70
1 Online Course over 3 months
The Foundation Yoga Studies Course is designed for students interested in pursuing knowledge and a deeper understanding of yoga and and in particular yoga philosophy. This online course is offered as an introductory course towards the full course IYTA Diploma of Yoga Teaching held next year in Sydney, Australia or via online.
This 2018 course is open to enrolments now and will close on 1st September 2018.
The Course comprises:
- Yoga Philosophy including: history of yoga, classic paths of yoga, Raja yoga
- Teaching Methodology including: introduction to Hatha yoga, foundation teaching skills, introduction to vinyasa, relaxation techniques
- Practical Asana including basic alignment of postures
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology for asana postures
- Pranayama and Meditation – the yogic techniques of breathing practices and meditation
Option available when joining the Foundation Yoga Studies Course:
- This Certificate gives 70 accredited hours toward the complete International Diploma of Yoga Teaching course, if you go on to complete the Diploma within two (2) years.
Course cost covers:
- Lecture notes and video of each study topic
- IYTA Asana handbook of 84 main yoga postures – Sanskrit and English, includes modifications and sequencing in and out of postures
- Submission and marking of Assessments in relation to these study topics (optional)
- Free mentor assistance
As a Graduate you will:
- have a deeper understanding of the Philosophy and teachings of yoga, including yoga history, yogic paths and the technique of relaxation
- know yoga anatomy for asana postures
- understand asana practice including basic alignment of postures
- understand Pranayama – the yogic techniques of breathing practices
- receive a Certificate of Completion